We are looking for an Open Source Database Evangelist, Global Database Operations Expert, Inspiring Technical and Strategic Leader. You will head an engineering organization that builds a DB platform that the rest of the company uses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Technology.
- 18+ years of experience engineering and managing teams.
- Experience running MySQL or PostgreSQL database server for high traffic applications for minimum 4 years.
- Deep expertise in designing and maintaining MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience in Distributed Systems engineering, Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, cluster management, sharding, Data durability, security, networking, and system crash analysis.
- Experience in setting up and operating Highly Available MySQL.
- Experience in debugging time critical DB problems like deadlock analysis and transaction locking.
- Experience in engineering solutions for data backup and encryption.
- Expertise in Database internals and ability to optimize and tune DB engines.
- Experience in working with Percona and innoDB engine.
- Experience in debugging time critical DB problems like deadlock analysis, transaction locking etc.
- Familiar with Agile SDLC.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with remote teams.
- Ability to program in Bash shell scripts, Python, C/C++ and SQL.
- Ruby programming is an added advantage.
- Experience with AWS is an added advantage.
- Exposure to different MySQL HA technologies like XtraDB cluster is an added advantage.
- Exposure to MySQL native plugin development is an added advantage.
- Experience in building and managing a team of DB engineers and managing 24×7 operations.
Location: Bangalore/ Chennai/ Hyderabad
If you think you’re the right fit for the extremely challenging role, we should talk. Write to email@example.com to get in touch!