Data Engineer – Early Stage Startup – DBT – $55K – $65K
- 45L - 50L
- Bengaluru, Hybrid (Hybrid/Bengaluru)
Full Job Description
We are looking for an experienced (2+ yrs) data engineer to be a core member of our engineering team, to build and maintain core infrastructure/services/systems. The data lead will help us build our Data Platform and will be responsible for all of the databases (SQL, noSQL & warehouses), ETL pipelines, DBT and other data-oriented platforms that will be the backbone of our crypto analytics offering.
A big part of the data team’s mission is to come up with the best solution to a given problem while minimizing tech & process debt. In five years time, you’ll be able to proudly say that you helped create foundational products that enable crypto institutional investors.
• Ownership of the end-to-end data engineering component of the solution.
• Take decisions on architecture for a scalable data platform
• Design, build and launch efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and transform data (both large and small amounts).
• Intelligently design data models for optimal storage and retrieval.
• Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure high quality of data
• Maintain and scale our data platform to meet our needs, including monitoring, logging, and alerting
• Improve the platform’s availability, scalability, performance, and security
• Participate in implementing features, addressing issues, and improving performance
• Be the responsible person for data systems
Must have Requirements/Experience:
• At least 2 years+ of experience in data engineering or similar role
• Experience with spark batch-job scripting
• Experience with spark job tuning (esp. spark-sql optimizations)
• Have dbt framework experience
• Knowledge on any job orchestration component (eg: Airflow/StepFunction)
• Experience with AWS components (eg: Glue/EMR/StepFunctions/Athena)
• Worked with transactional data lake table formats (eg: HUDI/DeltaLake/Iceberg)
Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your next adventure!