Employee #5 – Data Engineer / Lead – Web3 / Crypto / Distinguished Founders / Well Funded / Remote Work
Full Job Description
An incredibly rare opportunity to join a well-funded early stage high impact Web3 / Crypto startup backed by marquee investors and led by second time entrepreneurs with a track record of building in crypto and have had key roles in building several large Indian unicorns as well as deep experience in global blue chip firms. We are putting together the founding team members across design, product and engineering. Teammates will get a chance to work at the cutting edge of Web3 and have a vantage point as crypto assets go mainstream among institutions globally.
We are looking for an experienced (3+ yrs) data lead to be a core member of our engineering team, to build and maintain core infrastructure/services/systems. The data lead will help us build our Data Platform and will be responsible for all of the databases (SQL, noSQL & warehouses), ETL pipelines, and other data-oriented platforms that will be the backbone of our crypto analytics offering.
A big part of the data team’s mission is to come up with the best solution to a given problem while minimizing tech & process debt.In five years time, you’ll be able to proudly say that you helped create foundational products that enable crypto institutional investors.
We seek 3 core traits from the candidate:
- Passion for building quality production systems software and tools. Research is an important component of what we do.
- Team players who enjoy working alongside other brilliant people to come up with the best solutions together. Should be comfortable with accepting, giving and applying constructive criticism.
- Curiosity and open mindedness are critical. We are building critical infrastructure for institutions to adopt crypto! The problems are challenging, and we need innovators to help solve them!
- A genuine interest/exposure in Web3 and/or decentralised technologies.
- Experience in data landscape or self-service analytics space (Pipelining/Warehousing/Visualisations).
- Participation in open source projects (even if it is not to the level of substantial contribution)
- Experience on high frequency Time series databases
- Exposure to making decisions on multi cloud architecture & integration
- Exposure to Identity & Access Management
- Ownership of the end-to-end data engineering component of the solution.
- Take decisions on architecture for a scalable data platform
- Design, build and launch efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and transform data (both large and small amounts).
- Intelligently design data models for optimal storage and retrieval.
- Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure high quality of data
- Maintain and scale our data platform to meet our needs, including monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Improve the platform’s availability, scalability, performance, and security
- Participate in implementing features, addressing issues, and improving performance
- Be the responsible person for data systems
- At least 4 years of experience in data engineering with OLTP databases, OLAP data warehouses, NoSQL databases, SQL tuning for high performance, Kafka or other message processing platforms, ETL pipelines
- Familiarity with cloud data offerings and pros/cons
- Demonstrated experience taking data architectural decisions.
- A willingness to work outside core competencies
- Penchant for system performance is a plus
If you are a crypto-curious Data Engineer, we would love to chat with them about our mission.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started! #StartupReady