Engineering Manager, Distributed – Databases / Cloud/ Storage
Full Job Description
The database market is massive and is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and every day we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly, Our global team is growing fast, and we are looking for leaders as part of this expansion.
We have a never ending list of interesting technical challenges to solve with direct impact on millions of users, particularly in the areas of transactional, time-series, and analytical workloads. As we grow, we need engineering managers to help us structure the organization, improve technical processes, provide career mentorship, guide the product roadmap, and manage projects.
If you like distributed databases and managing high-performing distributed teams then you’ll like this.
- 3+ years of experience managing teams of software engineers. This includes people-management responsibilities such as hiring, performance and growth management, compensation planning, and career development
- 8+ years of experience building production-level code with a large user base, robust design structure, and rigorous code quality. Experience in data management systems, query processing, Distributed systems, Cloud Computing, Data Security, Kernel Programming is ideal.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent practical experience, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design/architecture
- Passionate about running teams, mentorship, and coaching
- Manage a team of individual contributors, responsible for ensuring their success, aiding their career growth, and facilitating their technical work
- Makes coding contributions to the team’s projects as needed
- Proficient in C++ or a similar programming language
- Provides feedback on the architecture of the system and the design of new features
- Ensures that the team is running smoothly by helping to eliminate technical barriers, coordinating with other teams regarding dependencies, and focusing on the overall happiness of the team
- Contributes to planning for organizational growth, including allocation of engineering resources, future hiring plans, and assignment of projects
- Sets team culture by example
- Estimates the delivery timeline for projects, and communicates well with upper management regarding project execution
If this sounds like you, then please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to have you on board! write to us at email@example.com