Founding Software Data Engineer – 19 billion miles of driving data!
The team is responsible for all things data: ingestion, enrichment, and transformations to deliver critical data drive insights that empower us to make informed business decisions. You will build and maintain near real time data streams from various sources, stream processing applications, and ingest them into a data warehouse to store and analyse this data. We promise you three things – our 3 T’s: Trust, Transparency & Tenacity.
● 5+ years in backend software development, writing and maintaining production grade software that is designed to be performant, scalable and resilient
● Experience with the Python programming language, and common python web frameworks like Flask and Django is a plus
● Good understanding of HTTP APIs, Message brokers, relational databases like Postgresql, and working in a Linux environment in the cloud (we use AWS)
● Experience working on stream processing frameworks such as Spark, Kafka Streams, Flink, etc
● Expertise in understanding and writing optimised SQL queries across data sets against enterprise data warehouses such as Redshift, BigQuery, etc
● Understanding of Statistical and ML models is a plus
● Excellent verbal/written communication skills, should work independently and is self-driven
● Comfortable working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
● Salary- Sector leading salary as well as equity in a business that is already secure and trading strongly
● Balance: An unlimited vacation policy
● Wellness: Monthly allowance for gym, yoga, or massage memberships
● Mobile: Monthly allowances for a mobile data plan
● Internet: Monthly allowances for home internet
● Entertainment: Monthly allowances for Spotify Premium, Pandora, Apple Music or Auditable Sliver subscription
● Learning & Developing: Annual allowances to apply towards a professional development
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected!