Head – Strategic Finance – Food Processing Platform – Distinguished Founders / Investors
Full Time 8-12 Years
Full Job Description
We’re scouting strategic finance head to be a part of food processing platform. This is a high octane game and you will play with awesome folks. This role will directly report to the CEO.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or have a MBA degree.
- Minimum 8-12 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with functions such as FP&A , strategy, process improvement, forecasting, corporate finance and budgeting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage working capital position and cash flows in a fast growth environment.
- Knowledgeable about accounting fundamentals and financial reporting software
- Ability to think laterally, logically and critically with an attention to detail.
- Have a service/client support mentality and recognize that the strategic finance function serves and unlocks the potential of the company.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in the agriculture/renewable energy/manufacturing industries.
- Experience working in a startup.
- Experience with assessing risks and opportunities for integrating finance structures/routes in Business Model eg. creation of FPO, NGO, other Asset Financing Company.
Candidate Attributes (Culture Fit)
- Strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated leadership track-record.
- Learning and growth mindset.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to persuade.
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure.
- High integrity and unimpeachable ethical standards.
- Ambition that manifests as a drive for scaled impact and take the team to higher heights.
Values Alignment :
- Innovation & Customer Centricity : We challenge the status quo and innovate at each step but – Always keep CUSTOMER at the center in all our actions.
- Courage : We encourage bold & independent decision-making with the audacity to own the decision made with Smart Risks & Openness towards Failure.
- Empathy : We work with the most vulnerable communities and in challenging conditions which requires empathy, candor, authenticity and transparency while working with different stakeholders.
1. Strategy and Planning:
- Maintain the company’s financial model to take informed decisions and for presentation to internal stakeholders, the Board, and investors.
- Lead the annual budget process and forecasting for P&L and balance sheet.
- Prepare the business case for the company’s investments and key business decisions.
- Lead strategic finance processes and finance inputs to company-wide strategy including preparing and tracking quarterly and yearly operating plans and resource decisions.
- Drive pricing strategy and growth opportunities (channel, product, and otherwise), working closely with Business Teams.
- Manage benchmarking for our position in the market (Channels and Segments, Competitive Actions and Combative Counter Plans).
2. Performance Management:
- Co-own the Business P&L and KPIs along with Business Teams.
- Analyze business drivers deeply and drive excellence by leading key projects.
- Provide regular business risk assessment reports with respect to business drivers to the Leadership Team.
- Produce presentations, MIS and visualizations of financial and business results.
3. Processes, Support to CEO and Treasury:
- Manage company cash position via financial planning, optimizing working capital, capital investments, and the balance between profitability and growth.
- Support CEO to oversee controller function and to ensure that proper systems are in place for books, inventory, accounts, and audits.
- Develop and implement processes commensurate with size, scale, complexity, and business needs.
- Lead debt fundraise.
- Support CEO in equity fundraising.
- Steward due diligence process in support of fundraising.
- Ensure compliance of fundraising documentation.
Write to email@example.com for more details.