Information Security leader – CyberSecurity US Startup
Full Job Description
We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, we are building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. If you’re a smart, passionate engineer, we’d like to hear from you.
We are hiring an Information Security leader to work in our growing IT Security team. You will monitor our computer networks for security issues, install security software, and document any security issues or breaches you find. To do well in this role you should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science and experience in the information security field.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
- Create “Attackable Surface” for each asset. This attackable surface should cover infrastructure code as well as application deployment framework and custom business logic code if any.
- Maintain PSIRT information for our own code base.
- You will be founding member of the Team.
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!