Lead – Database Administrator
8+ Years of Experience
Full Job Description
We are the world’s leading provider of enterprise SaaS for capital program and project portfolio management. The geographical markets we serve are the United States and Canada. Our target markets are the public sector (state and local government).
- B.E/ B.Tech (CS, IS, IT, ECE) / MCA
- Strong Experience and hands-on in database modelling, administration, tuning and troubleshooting performance problems
- Knowledge on Replication strategies, log shipping and Mirroring.
- Strong knowledge on database backup & recovery.
- Understanding of streaming data analytic and resources
- Hands on experience with NO SQL databases (dynamodb, mongodb etc)
- Experience with cloud databases
- Experienced with cache software
- Hands On Experience on SSAS and SSRS.
- Experience in Data Migration between disparate systems. Preferably SSIS.
- Powershell scripting for administration and job automation required.
- Exposure to AWS cloud infrastructure and database tuning on Amazon RDS.
- Strong exposure on database configuration for SaaS applications.
- MCSE/MCSA certification preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
- Familiarity with reporting tools
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance
- Analyze Queries and Stored Procedures, tune the SQL for optimal performance
- Implementation and maintenance of Always On High Availability Disaster Recovery setup on Microsoft SQL Server for Business Continuity Plan, “on-premises” or on “Cloud”
- Monitor Production Servers for optimal performance
- Actively participate in patching activity one ‘Saturday’ every month for which you’ll be given a compensatory day off.
- Participate in On-Call rotation 2 weeks out of 5 weeks in a month.
- Be a mentor to the team
If you are up for the challenge, we would like to hear from you!
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to connect!