Member of Technical Staff-Backend Engineer
3 to 5 years of experience building software solutions in a corporate or start up
Full Job Description
An opportunity to be a part of internationally renowned Digital Experience Platform. We are currently valued at $900M. Be a part of leader in Commerce Experience-empowering brands to deliver customer journeys so personalized, they feel like magic.
The digital experience platform built for commerce includes three pillars:
- Discovery, offering AI-driven search and merchandising;
- Content, offering a headless CMS; and
- Engagement, offering leading CDP and marketing automation solutions.
We serve over 700 global brands and powers over $250 billion in commerce annually.
- A B.Tech/M.Tech or equivalent degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with maintaining distributed systems at significant scale in a production environment
- Designed end to end applications, which communicate with each other via services
- and APIs
- Extensive background in algorithms and strong software architecture skills
- Expert proficiency in backend first languages, such as C/C++, Java, Scala, Python, etc.
- Experience with large-scale data processing (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Solr, Mapreduce), Linux serving systems
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, including details of HTTP, common web
- frameworks such as Tomcat or Django, networking and web performance engineering
- Experience of working in and contribution to the Open Source community
- Product Search – industry-leading ecommerce domain search engine. It is self-learning, has semantic understanding capabilities, and offers advanced personalization features.
- Recommendations and Pathways – a capability that caters intelligently selected products to individual customers utilizing advanced scalable recommendation algorithms.
- Distributed and highly scalable content indexing system which caters to some of the largest ecommerce retailers in the world.
- Massively parallel crawler and parser that is able to crawl and index 3,600 QPS (:300 million pages per day).
- High throughput NoSQL database and search systems which scale for billions of interactions and millions of products (you need this when you are representing 25% of all retail ecommerce experiences in the US and UK)
- Real-time auto complete system which provides suggestions faster than the blink of an eye.
- Distributed, highly scalable, and robust configuration management system which acts as a central repository for all the products (because every merchant is different).
- Suite of automated deployment tools that enable single click E2E testing and multi-system deployment (so everyone else can just worry about code!)
- Filed multiple patents in areas such as search algorithms, systems, and SEO.
- Contributor to the Open Source community, be it through code, or community events, or even regular meetups
If you are interested in this opportunity, send an email to email@example.com.