Planet Scale DataBase Engineer – MySQL / PostgreSQL
High Impact – SaaS – COE
- An engg. org that builds a DB platform that the rest of the company uses
- Engineer’s build solutions to address availability and data durability
- Guarantee service uptime and build innovative solutions to reduce component failure
- Support large number of concurrent users
- Build test suites to ensure the system boundaries are tested
- Build innovative monitoring systems that monitors the Computing infrastructure and the DB engine.
5+ Years of Experience.
- 5+ years of experience engineering and managing MySQL or PostgreSQL database server for high traffic applications.Deep expertise in designing and maintaining MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience in Distributed Systems engineering, Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, cluster management, sharding, Data durability, security, networking, and system crash analysis
- Experience in setting up and operating Highly Available MySQL.
- Experience in debugging time critical DB problems like deadlock analysis and transaction locking
- Experience in engineering solutions for data backup and encryption
- Expertise in Database internals and ability to optimize and tune DB engines
- Experience in working with Percona and innoDB engine
- Experience in debugging time critical DB problems like deadlock analysis, transaction locking etc
- Familiar with Agile SDLC
- Good communication skills and ability to work with remote teams.
- Ability to program in Bash shell scripts, Python, C/C++ and SQL.
- Self motivated engineer who can solve problems independently
- Ruby programming is an added advantage
- Experience with AWS is an added advantage.
- Exposure to different MySQL HA technologies like XtraDB cluster is an added advantage
- Exposure to MySQL native plugin development is an added advantage