Principal Backend Engineer – Python, C/C++
Full Job Description
We are currently allowing flexibility for all our employees to work from home until it is deemed safe for us to return back to the office.
- Develop and implement mechanisms to expand the intake of business user data to the next order of magnitude (10 billion+ events per day).
- Identify architectural and product limits in our data analytics platform and devise novel solutions.
- You will lead these initiatives, create e2e solutions, and oversee their implementation, deployment, and uptime while adhering to our stringent production service level agreements.
- Develop infrastructure, monitoring, and tools to boost automation and the engineering team’s productivity while retaining the codebase’s technical superiority.
- Mentor engineers, develop the organization’s next generation of technical leadership, and be responsible for the team’s technical output.
- Defining the team’s technical plan in partnership with Product and Engineering executives.
What we expect from you
- B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science or comparable subject.
- expertise in designing scalable software systems.
- Building large-scale data processing systems in a production setting.
- Experience directing projects and defining technical direction.
- Strong algorithmic and software architecture abilities.
- Expertise in backend languages like C/C++, Java, Scala, Python.
- Big data processing (Spark, Hadoop, Solr, MapReduce) and Linux serving systems.
- Knowledge of big data and large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark).
- Data warehouse experience (Redshift, BigQuery) is a bonus.
- Java web apps (eg. Play, Spring) and UI frameworks (eg. React, Angular) are a bonus.
- 2+ years of AWS or GCP experience.
For those who think they are competent in just a few of these areas, don’t worry! Individuals with a growth attitude and shown learning aptitude can apply.
Be who you are at work
It is our goal to be the catalyst for change that inspires us to take action in the workplace. Work should be a place where your true self can be fully expressed. We’re working hard on making that happen for you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.