Principal Data Engineer
Full Job Description
We are a new generation platform accelerating the value of digital brands. We incubate and acquire brands through innovative partnerships with ecommerce entrepreneurs.
Our marketplace-native approach to digital brand building is unlocking the overlooked potential in the $2.7 trillion global ecommerce marketplace economy.
We have over 200 global employees with deep e-commerce expertise and has raised a total of $800MM in funding after our latest Series-C funding round.
- You speak with conviction on matters that are data engineering.
- You represent data engineering team and work with other stakeholders to address the data needs of our business.
- You are comfortable taking ownership, design and implement several areas of our data platform.
- You have strong data modelling foundation on across relational and NoSQL databases.
- You have strong command over SQL to advise fellow data engineers to produce robust and performant SQL Queries.
- You have strong command over Python and its ecosystem relating to data engineering.
- You bring in principled and state of art approach to data warehousing and other aspects of data platform.
- Your data engineering experience includes design and implementation of large-scale data warehouses.
- You are up to date with current data engineering best practices. You can install these best practices on solutions we develop.
- You value simplicity, robustness, scalability and long-term maintainability in your codes and designs.
- You are a fast learner and pick up industry standard tools and frameworks quickly.
- You bring in your expertise on design and development of cloud native and web scale data platform
- You are comfortable wearing multiple hats as the team grows.
Nice to have:
- Streaming experience, Message Oriented Architectures
- Experience in e-commerce and or multiple different domains
- Work experience with any of Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query
- Tableau, Advanced Excel, and other BI experiences are plus
“If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, you don’t ask what seat. You just get on.” Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org get your seat booked!