Senior Analytics Engineer – InsurTech / Distinguished Founders – US Startup – Remote
Full Time 5+ Years
Full Job Description
We are looking for a motivated and talented Senior Analytics Engineer to work in the Data Engineering team on all things data. In this role you will be responsible to build and maintain EL&T pipelines to ingest & build data models, be intimately familiar with them, and their relationships. You will extract intelligence through data mining techniques to surface trends and patterns and deliver critical data driven insights via BI techniques that empower us to make informed business decisions.
- 5+ years of experience in Data Analytics building production-grade data warehouses and designing high-performance, scalable and resilient pipelines
- Hands-on and in-depth expertise in writing easy-to-understand and performant SQL across data sets against enterprise data warehouses such as Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake etc
- Data modeling experience with tools such as DBT (Data build tool) or Looker, etc
- Data processing and analysis with the Python programming language, and libraries such as Pandas
- BI reporting, Data Visualization and Open-source Dashboarding tools like Superset, reDash, etc
- Understanding Statistical and ML models is a plus!
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Self-driven and able to work independently
- Comfortable working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Own, build and maintain our data lake and data warehouse
- Design robust, standardized data models that describe our business, and will be used across teams to derive insights and drive business decisions
- Build and maintain scalable and resilient ETL systems to continuously ingest data from various sources, and then model them as per business requirements
- Own and maintain self-serve dashboards for cross-functional teams
- Analyze existing datasets to identify issues and data anomalies through Descriptive and Prescriptive analysis
- Exemplify and foster our humble, collaborative and impact-obsessed culture
Drop us a line at email@example.com to connect!