Senior BI Engineer
Full Job Description
As a Senior BI Engineer, you are responsible for designing and implementing BI solutions that encompass Data Warehousing, ETL and Visualization/Dashboarding areas. In this role, you will be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Own the design, development and implementation / maintenance of all aspects of BI solutions – ETL, Data Quality, Visualization, Documentation, and Support.
- Design and build BI dashboards in short time frames via rapid prototyping and agile development.
- Apply advanced visualization techniques to reveal business insights.
- Perform rigorous data analysis to proactively identify any inconsistencies or data quality issues. Provide recommendations for improvements.
- Develop a strong understanding of different data sources, and strategically implement data flows for robustness and scalability.
- Demonstrate ability to translate business questions into structured analysis and data analytics into business insights.
- Work to improve the day-to-day activities of the analytics team with technology and automation.
Must Have Skills
- 5-7 experience as a Sisense developer with industry experience is preferred. If not, similar (5+ years) exposure to one/more of other leading BI tools like Tableau, Looker, Power BI, SAP BO or Microstrategy.
- Exposure to one of the leading data warehousing platforms like TeraData, Netezza, Amazon RedShift, Microsoft SQL Warehouse, Azure Synapse, Google Big Query etc.
- Good exposure on working on ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework any prior hands-on with any ETL tools would be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL queries, Performance tuning of SQL queries on BI tools.
- Expert knowledge using advanced calculations on the BI tools (Aggregate, Date, Logical, String, Table, cross-tab).
- A strong articulate communicator with business acumen who can work efficiently and effectively with key. stakeholders across multiple teams and geographies to define and produce business metrics and insights within a given time frame.
Good To Have Skills
- Data warehouse Modeling (Dimensional/3NF) and Data Mining
- Data Engineering – Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, HBASE)
- Exposure to AWS/Azure/GCP
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, our client is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chain with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. Powered by data and innovation, the company redefines supply chain management for many global organizations. With the world’s largest network of shippers, carriers, and 3PLs, the company delivers unprecedented levels of insight enabling customers to make better, more proactive supply chain decisions. By combining powerful machine learning with real-time data, we help customers lower operating costs and improve on-time performance so that our customers can better serve theirs.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch