Senior Corporate Accountant – Technical Accounting – US GAAP – Billion Dollar US Startup
Full Job Description
$2.7 trillion Global Ecommerce Marketplace Economy!
About our Client :
Unicorn Valuation of $1B +
Total Capital Raised more than $800 million from some of the world’s leading investors.
Total Employees Globally – 250 , team includes several graduates from topnotch universities such as MIT, Harvard, Carnegie Mellon, Caltech, and top rankers from the IITs and NITs.
Setting up a Base in India !
Current Team are from companies like : Amazon, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Walmart et al.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP rules and regulations; CPA or equivalent required
- Extraordinarily strong reconciliation and analytical skills
- Extraordinarily strong financial reporting skills
- Excellent people skills and business acumen required
- Mix of private industry and public accounting experience would be a plus
- Purchase accounting, business combinations experience a plus
- Fair value accounting experience a plus
- External reporting / SEC experience a plus
- NetSuite / SmartView experience a plus
- Well organized, initiative-taking and works independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent Excel
- Assist with consolidation and translation of legal entities to support a close to report cycle of 8-10 days. Foreign currency experience a plus
- Maintain corporate ledgers providing monthly account analysis, including significant and complex roll forwards
- Work closely with the Domestic and Foreign location Controllers for many various business groups, including certain local country statutory compliance support, as necessary
- Prepare monthly financial statements (including cash flow statement) under US GAAP as well as internal management and Board of Director reports
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Audited Financial Statements, footnote disclosures and other financial reporting under US GAAP and / or SEC requirements, as necessary
- From time to time, assist with complex technical accounting research (e.g., US GAAP, FASB, SEC). Accounting experience with complex areas would be a plus. A few examples would include Earnings per Share, Stock Based Compensation, Taxes, Employee Benefit Plans, Fair Value Accounting, Segment Reporting, Revenue Recognition, Inventory Valuation, Business Combinations, Financial Instruments and Derivatives/Hedging
- Assist with P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts monthly and the yearly planning and quarterly forecasting cycles
- Prepare various financial analyses and government reports, as needed
- Statutory reporting and IFRS experience would be a plus
Drop us a line at email@example.com to get connected!