Senior Curriculum Developer / Instructor – Data Platform
We are disrupting legacy data integration technologies and helping enterprises reign in the complexity of their Cloud and Big Data platforms. Our customers range from mid-size enterprises to the world’s largest and span all verticals. Our business is growing rapidly, having quadrupled in revenue Y-o-Y. We have great momentum in customer acquisition and penetration with retention rates well over 90%. Our motto is “been there, done that, do it right.” We have a great work environment and were recognized by Fortune as #3 Best Small and Medium Companies in the nation for 2017. Come make an impact and be a part of our success!
The company is located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
5-10 years in Software Product Training Development and Delivery.
We are looking for highly motivated and skilled Big Data and Data Integration expert with experience in several products who can drive and building content development, and delivering high quality Product trainings, who has strong domain knowledge has good communications and presentation skills but also wiliness to travel and front end meet people and with strong aptitude to learn/stay informed on technology trends.
Technically proficient and have the patience and passion towards customer and other stakeholders through the capabilities of our products and solutions. Addressing technical pain points, or enabling a team on our technology, you’re willing to take the time to provide deep explanations and find solutions where needed. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at and content working independently. As an influential and effective SME, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices and to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your supervisor and teammates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5-10 years in software product training development and delivery
- At least 6 years of experience as a hands-on Curriculum Developer and Trainer for Data and Integration Products.
- Expert in curriculum (LMS, WBTs and ILTs) development and management
- Proven ability to quickly acquire technical expertise in software products.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely from small to large audience
- Strong Linux experience required
- Understanding of JVM internals is a strong plus
- Experience programming/scripting with Java, Perl, Python, Unix Shell scripts is a plus
- Strong background Application design and development, Systems administration, Database administration, Data architecture and design, Performance tuning and benchmarking
- Experience engaging with developers and programming experience in at least two of Java/Python/Scala
- Hands-on administration and troubleshooting experience with x86 operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS), networking and storage architectures
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting real, end-to-end technical issues
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment highly desired
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time is required
And Yes, We have a very high bar of entry!
Do you enjoy teaching people? Can you explain highly technical topics in layman’s terms? Do you enjoy learning new technologies? Do you like traveling the world?
As an instructor and curriculum developer you will be responsible for developing and delivering Education and Training Content for the Data Platform. You will be traveling to customer’s locations, helping them learn the Platform – from installation and setup, to internals and best practices. Our instructors are personable and feel comfortable teaching in a group, as well as a private setting. Ideal candidates are experienced with previous technical training content development and delivery experience with a teaching background. If you have no teaching background, but the technology experience and great communications skills, you may still be a good candidate for this role.
In addition to your Instruction and Content Development role, you will lead short to medium term engagements at client locations focusing on getting the product up and running, conducting architecture and use case reviews, sizing & tuning products. This team solves real world problems related to data ingestion, data drift and data movement.
You must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships with customers.
The Role :
- Work closely with various stakeholders to build and maintain our Data Platform curriculum.
- Longer-term own the success in managing, building, and delivering the trainings and content on Products.
- Design and develop all components of the course material, including: PowerPoint slides, Student Guides, Labs, Instructor Demonstrations, Instructor Notes, Classroom image and setup – The materials are designed for Instructor-Led, Web-Based Self-Paced, and Instructor-Led “Virtual Classroom” courses.
- Develop re-usable processes to install and configure software products and setup classroom lab environments.
- Help our customers succeed by solving their challenging business and technical problems using our product suite.
- Additionally, as required assist with all phases of product implementations, starting with installation, architecture design and review, deployment topology planning, tuning and providing best practices
- Contribute to internal technical projects, which can include software development, tooling, benchmarking, troubleshooting
- Work with all technical levels from managers, to architects and developers and explain the product technology and architecture
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices
- Be the technical product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on the competitive landscape
- Build strong relationships with our customer’s technical and non-technical staff
- Able to travel 50% Globally
Write to email@example.com to get connected!
Preferably Hyderabad or Bangalore