Senior Data Engineer – Cloud Engineering – FinTech
Full Job Description
We are seeking a Lead Data Engineer who will partner with business, analytics and engineering teams to design, build and maintain our growing Data Platform. You will build ease of use data structures to facilitate reporting and monitoring key performance indicators. Collaborating across disciplines, you will identify internal/external data sources to design and implement table structure, data products, ETL strategy, automation frameworks and scalable data pipelines.
This is an opportunity to be a highly visible and key contributor on a small and passionate team delivering innovative data platform solutions across the company. You’ll help shape and deliver on an aggressive and innovative roadmap.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with data platform technologies and tools
- Extensive experience in Python and should be comfortable with using REST APIs
- Experience in at least 2 of the 3 stages of any big data pipeline – data ingestion/acquisition, data processing/transformation and data visualization
- Experience in database user interface and query software – Structured query language (SQL)
- Experience in one or more structured DBMS along with data modelling – MySQL
- Nice to have working experience in big data processing frameworks like Spark
- Nice to have working knowledge on visualization tools like Tableau, Kibana, Amazon QuickSight
- Nice to have familiarity in AWS EMR, Kinesis, EC2, S3, AWS Glue
- Senior Data Engineer role is a technical hands-on role. The responsibilities range from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
- Implement, or operate comprehensive data platform components to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, per customer requirements.
- Develop robust data platform components for sourcing, loading, transformation, and extracting data from various sources.
- Build metadata processes and frameworks.
- Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected!