Senior Data Scientist
Full Job Description
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us to make smarter decisions.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. The projects will include “automate scoring using machine learning techniques”, “build recommendation systems”, “user segmentation using clustering”, “develop internal A/B testing procedures”, “build system for anomaly detection”, etc.
Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Weka, D3.js, GGplot, etc is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase is a plus.
For those who think they are competent in just a few of these areas, don’t worry! Individuals with a growth attitude and shown learning aptitude can apply.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
It is our goal to be the catalyst for change that inspires us to take action in the workplace. Work should be a place where your true self can be fully expressed. We’re working hard on making that happen for you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send an email to email@example.com