Senior Engineering Manager
Full Job Description
We believe data is the fuel that powers the modern enterprise. Our mission is to help companies shorten the path from data to decision and empower customers to out-think and out-perform the competition.
We’re looking for the best and brightest talent to join our software engineering team, working on novel data management products.
- A passion for high-quality software engineering and technology.
- An interest in working on large-scale data challenges across different technologies
- Strong educational credentials.
- Drive and ambition to achieve, thrive and succeed.
- Likes to solve challenges in connectivity space which offer mostly desktop system software experience.
- Our engineering managers are both technically gifted and can work well with others to solve difficult problems.
- Technologies frequently change, and the successful candidate must have the ability to rapidly master new software languages and technologies.
Desired skills & experience:
- 10 -12 years of experience designing and building software. At least 4 years in management is required
- Knowledge of Agile SDLC is a must. Agile certification is an added advantage.
- Our product is built using a diverse set of programming languages and technologies. More than just a great coder, we are looking for someone with flexibility and the ability to quickly learn new languages and technologies.
- Ability to learn and move to different stacks as the project demands is a must. All our managers are hands-on and participate in all the stages of SDLC.
- Experience in Java, C++, and SQL is a must. Knowledge of Java is an added advantage.
- Experience in protocols, specifications, drivers will be an added advantage
- Experience developing in the Microsoft technology stack is desirable
- A good understanding of Win32, Unix ODBC environments will be an added advantage.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, in a computing-related discipline
- A good understanding of the processes involved in commercial software product development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in a team environment, and makes reaching team goals the highest priority
- A self-starter who can recognize impediments and finds ways to overcome them
- Analyses, designs, develops and documents commercial software products
- Work on the research, development, testing, and maintenance of new and existing ODBC and JDBC drivers
- Demonstrates high aptitude in a variety of software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Take ownership of development work through to delivery, including fully automated testing of components
- Provides technical support to project team members. Participate in design and code reviews
- Manages the team as a supervisor and mentor to accomplish engineering tasks and objectives.
- Will perform team leadership for a team of engineers
- Sets goals and measures against the goals.
- Changes the processes and upskills the team as the need arises.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected!