Senior Engineering Manager
Full Job Description
We are currently allowing flexibility for all our employees to work from home until it is deemed safe for us to return back to the office.
Engineering manager – The role
What you will do:
- Plan and execute your deliverables’ vision, technological plan, and business objectives.
- Have the chance to create, build, manage, and deploy Business Platform solutions.
- Develop and lead small, agile teams of high-performing engineers from diverse backgrounds and places.
- In a fast-paced workplace, contribute to corporate objectives and product plans.
- Own the integrity of scalable and high-quality technological solutions with engineering leaders, managers, and product management.
- Manage remote teams to provide outstanding experiences across platforms and products.
- Develop and apply best practises in technical design implementation and code optimization across all sites.
- Create clear career pathways and technical mentoring to attract, select, and recruit best-in-class talent.
- Ensure adherence to security standards and best practises.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a comparable technological field.
- Extensive web development expertise in Java or Python, with excellent understanding of web technologies like HTTP, Tomcat or Django.
- 3+ years guiding direct reports’ careers
- Leading technical teams in production systems/databases or big distributed/infrastructure systems.
- Capable of constructively reviewing designs and debugging manufacturing concerns.
- Strong software architecture and design expertise in big scale internet applications.
- Using Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, and MySQL to develop big data solutions.
- Capable of prioritising, time management and execution of unclear business needs.
- Worked with top engineers as a recruiter, mentor, coach
For those who think they are competent in just a few of these areas, don’t worry! Individuals with a growth attitude and shown learning aptitude can apply.
Be who you are at work
It is our goal to be the catalyst for change that inspires us to take action in the workplace. Work should be a place where your true self can be fully expressed. We’re working hard on making that happen for you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send an email to email@example.com.