Sr. Principal Python Engineer – Billion Dollar US Startup – $120K-$150K
Full Job Description
Our Client – Billion Dollar US startup – Series C – “Our marketplace-native approach to digital brand building is unlocking the overlooked potential in the $2.7 trillion global ecommerce marketplace economy.” – 200 Employees Globally – Remote work !
Tech – The team utilizes Python, React, AWS, Snowflake with common frameworks and services. We are building the platform from the ground up which provides engineers with opportunities for driving pre-IPO growth, learning new technologies and maintaining a high level of ownership.”
- 5+ years of experience with diverse portfolio of complex and large-scale problems
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong hands on coding and technical skills on data heavy, distributed full stack software development.
- Able to unblock technical problems.
- Self-starter and able to operate fully autonomously.
- Strong cross functional collaboration, clear understanding of architecture, and design decisions that go far beyond the immediate technical area of expertise.
- Good command over the business domain you have worked on before.
- Up to date with recent tools, technologies, design patterns and processes of cloud native, web scale software development.
Nice to Have:
- Polyglot – With good command over 2 or more languages.
- Good Data Engineering experience.
- Experience with e-commerce, advertising, supply chain
- Open-source contributions, publicly accessible code samples (GitHub)
- Demonstrated excellence in one or more areas of software engineering.
- Advocating for technology, practice, process, or architectural change. 80% of your daily efforts are driven by technical concerns.
- Ensuring the adoption of Lean, Agile, and DevOps practices. Accelerate delivery while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Own and work on projects that are complex, highly ambiguous, and span multiple teams/projects, usually addressing cross cutting concerns.
- Advise Directors and VPs on strategic, mid/long term technical decisions, involved in roadmap planning.
- Identify and work on problems proactively that will have a large impact.
- Entrusted with business-critical projects and setting technical vision, you understand what it’ll take to gather a team to execute on it.
- Help others in the company level up with their skills. This includes mentoring, lending a coding hand, code review, and architecture reviews where needed.
- Depending on the nature of the project contribute as a subject matter expert (e.g., security), or in the form of general engineering practice (e.g. architecture).
- Collaborate with your team’s managers in adopting successful practices in hiring, onboarding, and production operations and engineering culture.
- Leverage your experience to anticipate and mitigate common engineering pitfalls at all stages of project development
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected!