Sr. Principal Python Engineer – Billion Dollar US Startup – $120K-$150K
Full Job Description
Our Client – Billion Dollar US startup – Series C – “Our marketplace-native approach to digital brand building is unlocking the overlooked potential in the $2.7 trillion global ecommerce marketplace economy.” – 200 Employees Globally – Remote work !
Tech – The team utilizes Python, React, AWS, Snowflake with common frameworks and services. We are building the platform from the ground up which provides engineers with opportunities for driving pre-IPO growth, learning new technologies and maintaining a high level of ownership.”
- 5+ years of experience with diverse portfolio of complex and large-scale problems
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong hands on coding and technical skills on data heavy, distributed full stack software development.
- Able to unblock technical problems.
- Self-starter and able to operate fully autonomously.
- Strong cross functional collaboration, clear understanding of architecture, and design decisions that go far beyond the immediate technical area of expertise.
- Good command over the business domain you have worked on before.
- Up to date with recent tools, technologies, design patterns and processes of cloud native, web scale software development.
- Advocating for technology, practice, process, or architectural change. 80% of your daily efforts are driven by technical concerns.
- Ensuring the adoption of Lean, Agile, and DevOps practices. Accelerate delivery while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Own and work on projects that are complex, highly ambiguous, and span multiple teams/projects, usually addressing cross cutting concerns.
- Advise Directors and VPs on strategic, mid/long term technical decisions, involved in roadmap planning.
- Identify and work on problems proactively that will have a large impact.
- Entrusted with business-critical projects and setting technical vision, you understand what it’ll take to gather a team to execute on it.
- Help others in the company level up with their skills. This includes mentoring, lending a coding hand, code review, and architecture reviews where needed.
- Depending on the nature of the project contribute as a subject matter expert (e.g., security), or in the form of general engineering practice (e.g. architecture).
- Collaborate with your team’s managers in adopting successful practices in hiring, onboarding, and production operations and engineering culture.
- Leverage your experience to anticipate and mitigate common engineering pitfalls at all stages of project development
Nice to Have:
- Polyglot – With good command over 2 or more languages.
- Good Data Engineering experience.
- Experience with e-commerce, advertising, supply chain
- Open-source contributions, publicly accessible code samples (GitHub)
- Demonstrated excellence in one or more areas of software engineering.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, write to us at email@example.com to get connected!