Staff Software Engineer
Full Job Description
The ideal Staff Engineer will be a mid-tenure engineer who is passionate about leading and guiding high-tech software development teams working on hard problems in computer science in areas such as distributed systems, machine learning, NLP, computer vision, programming languages, computer security, networking, cloud computing, analytics and big data.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Create the technical roadmap for the Product Area. Ensure that the NFRs and technical debt get their due focus. Partner with TL to ensure that the technical roadmap gets into the overall Product roadmap and goals.
- Own one or more KPIs and associated capabilities across the Product Area (e.g. Up the performance by 10x). Design and build features and capabilities. Expect to spend 60% of her time on coding.
- Review system design and architecture, code, and test plans. Be a technical mentor to the team.
Key Requirements and Qualifications:
- 6–10 years of work experience with an undergrad CGPA >= 8.00
- Significant programming expertise
- E. /B. Tech from a top university in India in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Information Sciences, (iii) Electrical Engineering, (iv) Electronics – or equivalent
- Ability to build large enterprise-grade systems
- High learnability quotient, good value system and must be a disciplined team player.
- Ability to learn and grasp any problem quickly.
- Comfort and confidence in solving unstructured problems.
- Appreciation for good design and architecture.
- Desire and endurance to solve difficult problems in computer science in diverse fields.
- Desire to design and build large, enterprise-grade software systems from scratch.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with experts in the field.
For those who think they are competent in just a few of these areas, don’t worry! Individuals with a growth attitude and shown learning aptitude can apply.
Be who you are at work
It is our goal to be the catalyst for change that inspires us to take action in the workplace. Work should be a place where your true self can be fully expressed. We’re working hard on making that happen for you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send an email to email@example.com.