Technical Lead, (Frontend) Productivity & Tools
Full Job Description
Our Developer Productivity And Tools team is accountable for owning and maintaining the frontend mono-repo development and deployment processes, the library toolchain, and any supporting infrastructures like as continuous integration and continuous delivery systems.
As a member of the Client Foundation team, our mission is to assist our Product teams in rapidly and reliably developing exceptional user experiences and interfaces. We do this by ensuring that the development processes, services, and tools used by the Company’s engineers are fast and dependable.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a diverse team of engineers in Bangalore and San Francisco.
- Create a world-class developer experience using internal libraries and open source technologies.
- Together, define the team’s vision, purpose, and strategy.
- Define, measure, and own your functional area’s performance measures.
- Evangelize our technical offerings.
- Break down difficult requirements into milestones and manage a team of professional engineers to meet your expected dates.
- Help other engineers gain new abilities and grow in their jobs.
- Interview and onboard superior engineering talent
- 5+ years designing web frontend infrastructures and tools..
- Owning and optimising development processes
Extensive knowledge of contemporary web build tools like Webpack, esbuild, Babel, Mocha, Jest, Enzyme.
- Working with huge code repositories (e.g. mono-repos) for hundreds of developers.
- Managing CI/CD systems and processes for hundreds of developers in a growing firm.
- You know how to plan, estimate, and execute with an engineering team.
- You have great analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- You are a natural communicator.
- Intrinsic interest in how things function
Nice to Have
- Experience building remote-first teams
- Experience in authoring useful frontend open-source libraries
- Experience in building development tooling for multiple platforms – such as web, desktop, mobile
For those who think they are competent in just a few of these areas, don’t worry! Individuals with a growth attitude and shown learning aptitude can apply.
Be who you are at work
It is our goal to be the catalyst for change that inspires us to take action in the workplace. Work should be a place where your true self can be fully expressed. We’re working hard on making that happen for you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.