As a data engineer, you will design, build, maintain, and scale our data pipeline and infrastructure. Here, you will be architecting a platform to turn billions of events into actionable insights and data-driven products. You will collaborate with other divisions to solve challenging data problems.
- Design, develop, test and maintain highly scalable data infrastructure (Analytics Architecture)
- Build high-performance integrated data pipelines (Integrated Customer View)
- Ensure standardized metadata, access protocols, and discovery mechanisms (Information Layer)
- Build data quality checks (Instrumentation layer)
- Explore and integrate new big data technologies and software engineering tools into current infrastructures
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Collaborate with Data and IT team members in enhancing the data platform
- Monitoring data collection, storage and retrieval processes
- Collaborate with Engineering teams on data standards
- Develop a good understanding of the Business with its various domains
- Contribute to the open source community
- Background: Fields of study is Computer Science related
- Experience 2 to 4 years
- Passionate and knowledgeable about big data stacks:
- Distributed systems: Spark, Hadoop, Presto, Hive, etc.
- Message Queueing systems: Kafka, NSQ, etc.
- Database (Relational & NoSQL): PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Hands on experience in SQL and programming language: Python, Java, Scala or Go
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles, data warehousing, data mining concepts, and segmentation techniques
- Experience with cloud computing platform (AWS, GCP, etc.) and UNIX environment
- Experience in designing, implementing, and monitoring big data analytics solutions
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, then we’re going to need your resume of course, but more importantly include a short note giving us a sense of why you think you are absolutely the right person for this job. Write to email@example.com to get in touch!